• As a cook and a judge, the S.C. author of the 4th Circuit gay marriage decision has “backbone” and “the right ingredients,”those who know him say
. Relatedly, a gay-marriage winlooks more and more 'inevitable' in top court
Never miss a local story.
• Sunday Buzz: The Buzz has learned how the major-party candidates in the governor’s racemade a little money on the side last year
• Gov. Nikki Haley, on Facebook Saturday, thanked her doctors and said she was “healing nicely” from Friday’s arm surgery. Haley’s going under the knife led to South Carolina having a Democratic governorfor a day - sort of
• The Joint Bond Review Committee meets at 2 p.m. to consider wish-list items for for several state agencies (Gressette 105,Agenda
). On that list: the University of South Carolina’s proposed new student health center, and a new helicopter for SLED to replace one used in the Vietnam War.
• The Agency Head Salary Commission meets at 10 a.m. to discuss a salary request for the Public Employee Benefits Authority (Gressette 406,Agenda
). That agency's board recently voted Peggy Boykin as the agency's new director.
SC hospitals, consumers caught in Obamacare tug-of-war
Duke: Oconee didn't do everything to prevent nuclear leak
A century ago, Europe stumbled into a tragedy - WWI
SLED: 136 mentally ill in SC denied gun purchases
City Council uses surpluses to pay for improvements at six Columbia parks
More school resource officers on Midlands campuses this fall
Joe Biden confidant, former Gamecock, Fran Person returning to alma mater (Politico)
Newcomers eager to shine
17-year-old from Chapin is Miss Teen USC
Edgefield cemetery has for SC governors and some strange stories
Clemson scientists designing chip that can detect chemical weapons (Greenville News)
Vietnam-era veterans reflect at appreciation event(Post and Courier)
Get the newsletters: Sign up for the Morning Buzz and afternoon update
Got a tip?: Send us an email