• The final S.C. gubernatorial debate was supposed to center on education and health care,but it was an exchange over guns that led to a sparring match between the race’s two main contenders.
• Gov. Nikki Haley has won her fundraising battle with her Democratic rival, state Sen. Vincent Sheheen,largely with the help of out-of-state donors.
• The S.C. Republican Party is hosting Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott for a “Road to Victory” fundraiser at noon at the Hall at Senate's End.
• House Special Criminal Domestic Violence Ad Hoc Committee, Blatt Room 110(Agenda)
• ELECTIONS 2014 Countdown: Our special email newsletter featuring election news and events runs daily through Nov. 4. Look for it at 3 p.m.Register here.
(The afternoon political newsletter returns Nov. 5.)
ELECTIONS 2014 Clicks
GOP boss rebukes candidate who compared gay-marriage supporters with "Gremlins"
Some Haley allies supporting Democrat for secretary of state
Scott talks about immigration and national security
GOP, Dems launch campaign to appoint S.C. military leader
Bakari Sellers airing first ad in Lt. Gov. run
Richland Rep. Beth Bernstein announces TV ad
Does SC health care need Certificate of Need?
Jobless rate on the rise in SC
State agency inspects DSS building following complaint
Ben Bradlee, Washington Post’s Watergate-era editor, dies at 93
Get the newsletters : Signup for the Morning Buzz and afternoon update
Got a tip? : Send us an email