Haley unveils executive budget
Republican Gov. Nikki Haley's $6.9 billion executive budget would add $61.4 million a year to pay to repair South Carolina’s crumbling roads, hire more child-welfare workers, spend $6.4 million on reading coaches statewide, and phase in a plan to help recruit teachers to the state’s rural school districts.
Haley leaves brush stroke on Governor's Mansion
Haley's office unveiled the governor's official oil-on-linen portrait Monday. The painting will hang in the Governor's Mansion.
• 6 p.m.: Haley and the First Family will host “Haley Family Fun Night," South Carolina State Museum, 301 Gervais Street, Columbia, S.C., as part of the week's inaugural festivities.
• 10 a.m.: Rep. Jerry Govan, D-Orangeburg, will hold a press conference on the School Safety Task Force Report (State House, 1st Floor)
• 11:30 a.m.: S.C. Attorney General Alan Wilson to hold "Domestic Violence Call to Action" on the State House front steps (Gervais St. side)
• The first regular session of the 121st General Assembly kicks off at noon. Watch the
& theHouse here
. (Meetings below)
Think you know the governor? Test your Nikki Haley knowledge here.
Haley, Social Services targets of federal lawsuit
Haley friend and former S.C. insurance commissioner named new DHEC chief
Mistrial declared in trial of ex-police chief charged in killing of unarmed black man
Scoppe: Education ruling demands adequacy, not just equity
The Republican party will test Christian voters’ clout
Graham: Social media hack a 'propaganda' win
Watchdog group: DeMint, others skirt lobbying ban
Group files ethics complaints against Sanford, McCrory
State House today
• 2 p.m. or 30 minutes after the Senate adjourns: Judiciary Subcommittee on S.1 (Gressette Room 105 /Agenda
• 2 p.m. or 30 minutes after the Senate adjourns: Judiciary Subcommittee on S.3 (Gressette Room 308 /Agenda
• 10:30 a.m.: Legislative Ethics Committee (Blatt Room 511 /Agenda
• 10:30 a.m.: Ways and Means Legislative, Executive, and Local Government Subcommittee (Blatt Room 321 /Agenda
• 10:30 a.m.: Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Colleges Subcommittee (Blatt Room 521 /Agenda
• 1 hour after the House adjourns: Ways and Means Legislative, Executive, and Local Government Subcommittee (Blatt Room 321 /Agenda
• 1½ hours after the House adjourns: Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Colleges Subcommittee (Blatt Room 521 /Agenda
Get the newsletters : Signup for the Morning Buzz and afternoon update
Got a tip? : Send us an email