STAN MUSIAL’S MAN CAVE
The three-acre estate of Cardinals icon Stan Musial is on the market for $1.795 million. The house features 5,286 square feet, four bedrooms, seven bathrooms, a pool and a checkered marble entry floor.
But the best feature of all? It’s got to be The Man cave.
Never miss a local story.
• At SportsPickle .com: “RGIII ends sham engagement, keeps all the blenders he got.”
• At TheOnion.com: “Dwight Howard interested in ruining Rockets.”
BEA 1, STAN 0
• Asking price for Stan Musial estate: $1.795 million.
• Winning bid for “Bea Arthur Naked” painting: $1.9 million.
Thursday night was Lennay Kekua bobblehead night at the Florence (Ky.) Freedom baseball game, in honor of Manti Te’o’s fake girlfriend.
The first 1,000 fans were given empty bobblehead boxes.
INCIDENTAL CONTACT DEPT.
No. 1 mea culpa for golfers, come 2016: “That’s not a belly putter, pal — I just have a big gut.”
COACH POT, QB KETTLE
Rookie QB Geno Smith says he’s “already gotten in trouble” for predicting a Jets playoff appearance this season in a post-draft interview.
So who told him to quit popping off like that — Rex Ryan?
IT’S A MEL MARATHON
Next year’s NFL draft will move from April to May, commissioner Roger Goodell announced.
Mel Kiper junkies, rejoice! ESPN’s pre-draft programming just got 400 hours longer.
TALKING THE TALK
• Greg Cote of the Miami Herald, after Ozzie Guillen said it was a mistake to manage the Marlins last year: “Hear that silence? That’s the sound of nobody disagreeing.”
• Len Berman of ThatsSports.com, on ex-pitcher Tommy John turning 70: “Coincidentally, he was the first player to undergo Tommy John surgery.”
• Seattle Times reader Bill Littlejohn, on the PR firm hired to reshape Tiger Woods’ image: “Who needs them when he has Sergio Garcia?”
• Jeff Krupsaw of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, on golfer Nicolas Colsaerts forced to take relief at a course restroom after an errant tee shot: “Bowl in one?”
The Seattle Times