South Carolina continued practice on Tuesday and GoGamecocks.com was there. The highlights:
* T.J. Holloman used terms like “embarrassing” and “frustrating” to describe the defense’s performance against Texas A&M. The team has been much more physical in practice and is doing full-scale blitzing with a four-man line against a five-man offensive front, trying to ratchet the intensity. Holloman said the word for this week was "motivation."
* Brison Williams credited Kenny Hill for finding holes in the USC defense and realized that Hill may have opened the book for future USC opponents. The Gamecocks are working on not giving as much cushion to their receivers and getting to the passer. If he releases the ball before they get there, they still want to get close enough to him to let him feel the pressure.
Williams has also worked solely at corner this week.
Never miss a local story.
* Gerald S. Dixon said that the pass-rush is under a complete overhaul. He was secretive about what the Gamecocks plan to do to get more pressure up front but said that USC looked much better at it over the last couple of days.
* Injury report: OL Brock Stadnik has returned to practice after missing all of the preseason with a knee problem. RB Mike Davis (ribs) fully practiced.
Players who did not practice or wore yellow jerseys were: TE K.C. Crosby (right foot), DE Blake McClain (foot), DE Devin Washington (hamstring), OL Mike Matulis (left knee), CB Jamari Smith (left foot), RG Cody Waldrop (oblique) and OL Donell Stanley (wrist).
* The Gamecocks will practice at 4:15 p.m. on Wednesday. It is closed to the public.