Steve Spurrier held his weekly teleconference on Sunday to wrap the Florida game.
* The Gamecocks are pretty healthy. Mike Davis has a sore shoulder. Brandon Wilds should be cleared for South Alabama. The injury looked to be the knee, but it’s more of a quad ailment. He’s sore but should be OK.
* Spurrier is definitely wary of South Alabama. “They’re going to come in with the idea that they can certainly beat us, and they can.”
* The bad snaps are a concern. “That’s called bad snapping by Clayton and Alan Knott. Yesterday, I guess Alan Knott was in there most of the fourth quarter. Threw them back there a little low and away.” Said they were good in practice most of the week.
* Spurrier reflected on the lucky bounces, like the pitch to Davis that he fumbled but still caught. He also praised Dylan Thompson for sticking with some bad snaps instead of simply diving on the ball.
* Spurrier was asked if he’d consider taking the Florida job. “I’ve already had my run at Florida. They need to hire a coach that will hopefully be there 10 years.”
* And does a win like Florida keep him cemented at USC next year? “I don’t need to talk about that. I need to talk about South Alabama.”
* Spurrier expressed his condolences on fired Florida coach Will Muschamp. “I hate seeing about coach Muschamp. Will’s a good person and a good coach. He’s a bit unlucky. We all complain about close losses, but he’s had his share of them.” Spurrier said that teams would be lining up to hire Muschamp.
* Would Spurrier consider adding Muschamp to his staff? “I don’t have any comment one way or the other on that.” Is he comfortable with his defensive staff after yesterday? “It certainly helped. We got good coaches. They’re coaching their tail off.”