▪ Antonio Allen, S, New York Jets (On injured reserve. Will miss the season after tearing his Achilles in August.)
▪ Busta Anderson, TE, San Francisco (On injured reserve. Will miss at least the first six weeks of the season with an undisclosed injury.)
▪ Jasper Brinkley, LB, Dallas
Never miss a local story.
▪ A.J Cann, OL, Jacksonville
▪ Jadeveon Clowney, LB, Houston
▪ Jared Cook, TE, St. Louis
▪ Chris Culliver, CB, Washington
▪ Mike Davis, RB, San Francisco
▪ Patrick DiMarco, FB, Atlanta
▪ Bruce Ellington, WR/KR, San Francisco
▪ Clifton Geathers, DE, Pittsburgh (On injured reserve. Will miss the season with an unspecified injury.)
▪ Stephon Gilmore, CB, Buffalo
▪ Melvin Ingram, LB, San Diego
▪ Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago
▪ T.J. Johnson, OL, Cincinnati
▪ Johnathan Joseph, CB, Houston
▪ Jamon Meredith, OL, Tennessee
▪ Captain Munnerlyn, CB, Minnesota
▪ Corey Robinson, OL, Detroit
▪ Connor Shaw, QB, Cleveland (On injured reserve. Will miss the season after tearing ligaments in his right thumb in August.)
▪ Darian Stewart, S, Denver
▪ Ryan Succop, PK, Tennessee
▪ D.J. Swearinger, S, Tampa Bay
▪ Devin Taylor, DE, Detroit
▪ Damiere Byrd, WR, Carolina
▪ Justice Cunningham, TE, St. Louis
▪ Dylan Thompson, QB, San Francisco
(Note: Practice squads will be set over the next week)
▪ John Abraham, LB: Free agent. Spent all but one game last year on Arizona’s injured reserve due to a concussion. Abraham is currently fighting a charge of battery due to an incident in June and has an October court date. Abraham said during the offseason he thought he had one year left in him, and that finishing in the top five of career sacks would be a goal. Abraham is the active leader with 133.5 sacks, only eight short of Michael Strahan’s fifth-place total.
▪ Victor Hampton, CB: Released by Baltimore in March after being arrested for speeding, reckless driving and possession of an open container. Two passengers in his car were carrying concealed weapons. The DWI charge was dropped but nobody has signed Hampton.
▪ Lemuel Jeanpierre, OL: Released by Seattle on Sept. 1.
▪ Spencer Lanning, P: Released by Cleveland on June 6 after the Browns traded for Andy Lee. Lanning was claimed by Tampa Bay and released on Aug. 13. Lanning was claimed by Denver and released on Aug. 31.
▪ Jimmy Legree, CB: Released by Arizona on Sept. 5. Could make the practice squad.
▪ Cliff Matthews, DE: Released by Atlanta on Sept. 4.
▪ Kelcy Quarles, DT: Released by Indianapolis on Sept. 5.
▪ Ronald Patrick, OL: Released by Dallas on Sept. 5.
▪ Travian Robertson, DT: Released by Washington on Sept. 5.
▪ Ace Sanders, WR/PR: Released by Jacksonville in July. Sanders will serve a 10-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy if he returns to the NFL.
▪ Chaz Sutton, LB: Released by Tennessee on Aug. 31.
Follow on Twitter at @DCTheState