South Carolina announced its permanent football captains through social media on Friday night, and the Gamecocks aren’t sticking with the traditional four selections.
USC instead is going with six captains to represent the team through the remaining games in 2015. The group is made up of three from offense and three from defense.
▪ Isaiah Johnson, safety, Cary, N.C.
▪ Mike Matulis, offensive lineman, Boynton Beach, Fla.
▪ Brandon Shell, offensive lineman, Goose Creek
▪ Pharoh Cooper, wide receiver, Havelock, N.C.
▪ T.J. Holloman, linebacker, Stone Mountain, Ga.
▪ Skai Moore, linebacker, Cooper City, Fla.