Cordova, Tenn., offensive lineman Jerome Carvin said he's in regular contact with South Carolina offensive line coach Eric Wolford, talking with him about every day, and the Gamecocks "have a good chance of being in my top 10 for sure" when he releases it in the next week or so.
Carvin said Wolford has shared with him his experiences from his previous season at USC as well as his time in the NFL with the 49ers.
"The main reason he came back he said was to build a great offensive line," Carvin said. "I definitely want to go back up there soon."
Carvin said Tennessee, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Memphis and Missouri also are on him hard at this point. He planned to be at Auburn's Big Cat Weekend last weekend and recently visited Ole Miss. Carvin said he'll go to Tennessee for the Orange Carpet Day on June 17. He's also planning to visit Kentucky and Alabama.
Never miss a local story.
Carvin said he's looking at the end of the summer or after his official visits for making his decision.
▪ Defensive end Dorian Gerald of Florence and College of the Canyons, a two-year school in California, was at USC on Monday for a visit with his mother.
▪ Clemson and South Carolina defensive line target Darnell Jefferies of Covington, Ga., visited Alabama the last two days. He also recently visited LSU.
▪ The Gamecocks are in the top five with running back Tae Provens of Gurley, Ala., along with Tennessee, Auburn, Louisville and LSU. He plans to announce his decision August 11.
▪ USC offered 2019 defensive lineman C.J. Clark of New London, N.C.
▪ South Carolina offered 2019 defensive back Collin Duncan of Montgomery, Ala.
▪ Gamecocks offered 2020 defensive end Jamil Burroughs of Powder Springs, Ga.