Phil Kornblut

December 10, 2012

Dallas is no longer with the Gamecocks

USC has rescinded its offer to LB Kight Dallas.

For the second day in a row, a linebacker commitment has been erased from USC's 2013 recruiting class, but this time it was by the Gamecocks' decision.

A source confirmed Monday night that USC recruiter Lorenzo Ward withdrew the scholarship offer to Kight Dallas of Stone Mountain, GA.

The relationship between the two parties had been shaky ever since Dallas took an official visit to California in October, even though after that visit Dallas said he was 100% with the Gamecocks.

However, this was a performance based decision. Dallas was playing as a standup linebacker for the first time this season, and the source said after scouting him, the Gamecocks decided they needed a more advanced player for the position.

Sunday night Matt Rolin of Ashburn, VA decommitted from USC and committed to Florida. And earlier in the season the Gamecocks backed off committed LB Brandon Golson of Georgia Military JC after he decided to take other visits.

The Gamecocks are down to 20 commitments in the class with only three linebackers in the group.

Related content

Comments

Videos

Sports Videos