Bossier City, La. and former Berkeley defensive back Israel Mukuamu said it will be this weekend or early next week for his commitment announcement.
The 6-foot-5 safety has South Carolina as his favorite over Indiana and Purdue. Purdue will be in his home Wednesday. He did not hear from USC on Tuesday.
Mukuamu decommitted in the midst of Jimbo Fisher’s move to Texas A&M.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Gamecocks recruiter Travaris Robinson made an in-home visit Tuesday with linebacker Rosendo Louis of Deerfield Beach, Fla. who has been a Florida State commit.
▪ South Carolina quarterback commit Dakereon Joyner of Fort Dorchester had his in home visit Tuesday with Will Muschamp. Co-offensive coordinator Bryan McClendon also was in on the visit.
▪ USC linebackers coach Coleman Hutzler made a school visit Tuesday with linebacker Channing Tindall of Spring Valley.
▪ South Carolina and Ohio State were in to visit defensive back Asante Samuel of Fort Lauderdale. He's a Florida State commit.
▪ Tennessee coaches were in Tuesday night to see USC target defensive end Dorian Gerald of College of the Canyons (Ca.). He also was offered by Ole Miss Tuesday and was contacted by new Florida coach Dan Mullen.
▪ Nebraska offered Gamecocks defensive back target Jaycee Horn of Alpharetta, Ga.
▪ USC offered 2019 Nashville defensive lineman Tymon Mitchell and 2020 Camden, N.J. defensive end Fadil Diggs.