Offensive lineman Brett Heggie of Mount Dora, Fla., added more offers to his list this spring with Florida, Mississippi State, Louisville and Miami joining the list of earlier offers that included South Carolina, Central Florida, NC State, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Indiana, Iowa State and Appalachian State.
His visit to USC for the spring game was his only visit of the spring, but he’ll be on the road this summer.
Heggie will attend a team camp at Central Florida this Saturday. He’s also going to Mississippi State and West Virginia for unofficial visits. And he’s looking at a possible visit to USC later this summer. He’s also talking with Oklahoma about a possible visit or camp.
USC recruiters Everette Sands and Shawn Elliott checked out Heggie in person in the spring and have been in touch on a regular basis. Heggie said he can’t make the Gamecocks’ Showcase Camp on June 13 because of a 7-on-7 event he will be attending.
Never miss a local story.
Heggie said right now he has several schools standing out: USC, Central Florida, Miami, Florida, Louisville, Mississippi State, NC State, Cincinnati and West Virginia.
“I’m very interested in South Carolina,” he said. “I think I have a good relationship with Coach Elliott so far. I just like the whole fit of South Carolina. The football facilities and everything was phenomenal. I just liked South Carolina when I went up there.”
Heggie said he doesn't plan on making a decision any time soon and he’s not planning to graduate early.
Some other Tuesday night notes:
▪ USC LB target Aaron Hansford of Washington, DC was offered Tuesday night by Notre Dame.
▪ LB Kenneth Huff of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., had planned to release a top 10 on June 1, but after an influx of new interest he has delayed that release until July 4. Michigan State and Florida State are two new teams showing strong interest. Huff plans to camp at Florida State on June 9. USC remains his favorite and he will attend the Showcase Camp there. Huff said he’s been talking a lot with the Gamecock defensive staff and a commitment is a possibility at the camp.
▪ Fort Dorchester OL target John Simpson, who is camping at Alabama this week, was invited to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl.
▪ LB target TJ Brunson of Richland Northeast plans summer visits to Louisville, Kentucky and Michigan.
▪ DE Mack Nickles of Dixie will attend camp at Appalachian State June 6 and Marshall June 16. The Thundering Herd are showing him a lot of interest at this point. He will camp at Coastal Carolina July 18, Georgia Southern July 24 and USC July 25.