Defensive back Dreshun Miller of Marietta, Ga., had planned to visit South Carolina this past Saturday, but those plans were nixed with the game moved to LSU.
Right now the Gamecocks are scheduled to host Vanderbilt this Saturday, and Miller plans to be there. Miller said he talked with USC recruiter G.A. Mangus on Friday and Sunday and firmed up the visit. He’s hoping to leave Williams-Brice with an offer.
“That would be a big joy,” Miller said. “I’ve been liking that school since the 10th grade. I mean, the first unofficial visit I took was there, so it’s some history behind it.”
Miller said Illinois is coming to see him at school Monday. He recently picked up offers from Coastal Carolina and Valdosta State to go along with an earlier one from Carson Newman.
Never miss a local story.
Spurrier Jr. set to visit Dre Massey
Wide receiver Dre Massey of Holmes Community College in Mississippi had planned to go to Alabama on Saturday but stayed at school to study for mid-term exams.
This Saturday he’s going to Memphis for the Ole Miss game and the next weekend he’s planning to go to Oxford for the Texas A&M game.
Massey, originally from Mauldin, has been talking with USC recruiter Steve Spurrier Jr. about a visit and was coming in for the LSU game before it was moved. Spurrier Jr. is going to visit with him at Holmes on Oct. 19. Massey will be looking for an offer and a date for a visit. He recently picked up an offer from Purdue.
▪ Hammond guard Seventh Woods (6-1) made his official visit to USC this weekend. His only public comment on the visit was on his Twitter account. “Hometown USC was great,” he wrote. Woods also has been to Georgetown and North Carolina for official visits. He’s expected to announce his decision soon.
▪ Sedee Keita (6-10) of Philadelphia, a USC target, visited Temple over the weekend. He’s also been to USC and will visit Providence this week.
▪ Another USC basketball target, Dewan Huell (6-10) of Miami, made his official visit to Florida State over the weekend. He also has been to Miami and will visit USC this weekend.
▪ USC Class of 2017 quarterback target Jake Fromm of Warner Robins, Ga., committed to Alabama Sunday night. He was at Alabama Saturday for the Arkansas game.
▪ 2017 defensive lineman Neil Farrell of Mobile, Ala., was offered by Clemson over the weekend. He also holds a USC offer.
▪ The USC baseball team Sunday picked up an offer from 2016 right-handed pitcher Wilson Beattie of Summerville.