Offensive lineman T.J. Moore of Charlotte didn’t hear from Alabama Tuesday. He heard from South Carolina and Tennessee.
“I talked to Coach (Shawn) Elliott and Coach (Will) Muschamp,” Moore said. “Same thing, he (Muschamp) really wants me and needs me. I’m a good player and he wants me down there.”
Moore’s waiting to hear from Alabama about an offer, but only plans to wait until Wednesday. If he gets an offer, he’ll delay his decision. If not, he’ll move forward with the Gamecocks or Vols.
He’s not going to make his decision public until Monday on Twitter, but Moore said he’ll notify the school he’s chosen as soon as he makes the decision, which could be this week.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Former Rutgers defensive end Marques Ford (6-foot-4, 235 pounds) will play this season at Jones County Junior College in Mississippi. The one-time Tennessee commitment redshirted last season then left in January after the coaching change. He has offers from Ole Miss, Syracuse, Mississippi State, Texas A&M and Cal and he said he’s getting interest from USC.
“They said they are going to be heavy on me. (They like) the pass rushing aspect, a quick D-end off the ball. I definitely have interest.” Ford said.
He didn’t attend the camp at Jones that USC coaches worked. He’s scheduled to graduate from Jones in December and will have three years of eligibility remaining.
▪ RB Anthony McFarland Jr. of Hyattsville, Md. released his top 10 and it includes USC. The others on the list are Texas A&M, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Alabama, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Florida and Maryland.
▪ RB Davijuan Dean of T.L. Hanna said he’s hearing more from Virginia Tech. He’s keeping in touch with USC recruiter Bobby Bentley, but neither school has offered.
▪ Justyn Hamilton, a 6-10 big man from Charlotte was at USC Tuesday according to Phenom Hoop Report. He has offers from College of Charleston, East Carolina, Charlotte and others.
▪ Devontae Shuler, the 6-2 Irmo native, who played last season at Oak Hill Prep in Virginia, said he’ll soon trim his list. USC and Clemson are among his offers. He also has offers from Southern Cal, Florida and N.C. State.
▪ Naji Marshall, a 6-5 wing from Greenbelt, Md., plans to visit USC on Friday according to Hoopseen.com. He also plans to visit Pittsburgh on Friday. He has been to Xavier and Virginia Tech.