AS WE continue our series on the best football players in S.C., let’s take a look at the linebackers. This might be the thinnest position for the Class of 2015. Here are the top five and five more to watch:
1. Swansea’s Jonathan Sutton (5-foot-11, 214 pounds) is a three-star prospect and a big time hitter. Excellent in key and diagnosis of play, and quick to the ball. He has multiple ACC and SEC offers and is ranked No. 12 nationally at his position.
2. Blythewood’s Hasaan Belton (6-0, 210) is excellent in diagnosing play and getting to the football. He also shows ability in pass coverage. He is an FCS-type player who could rise to the FBS level.
3. Marlboro County’s Tre Woods (6-1, 190) is, probably, the best athlete in this group. He has good speed and is excellent in pass coverage, often used at safety and corner against spread offenses. He projects as an OLB at the next level.
4. Bavueir Jackson of Broome (6-1, 225) is strong in the middle, and one of the better rushers in the group. He gets off blocks well and gets to the ball quickly. He is strong in pursuit.
5. Spring Valley’s Jordan Williams (6-1, 200) is a two-way player. He’s a strong OLB with good diagnosis skills, excellent transition speed, and he is strong against the run and pass.
Five To Watch