Baxter: Here are the best remaining uncommitted football players in SC
04/10/2014 12:22 AM
04/10/2014 12:23 AM
Here’s a look at the Top 10 football players remaining on the board for the Palmetto State’s Class of 2015:
1. Michael Barnett, DE, 6-4, 239, Woodand – Barnett is the top defensive end prospect in this class.
2. Kelly Bryant, QB, 6-4, 204, Wren – A four-star prospect, put on a show at the U.S. Army All-American combine. He is the top rated quarterback in the state has ACC and SEC schools all over him.
3. Gage Cervenka, DT, 6-3, 285, Emerald – My top rated defensive tackle; still no stars by Rivals.com but will be on the next ratings release. Picked up four offers this past week from big time FBS schools.
4. Albert Huggins, DT, 6-2, 279, Orangeburg-Wilkinson – A four-star by Rivals, Huggins is one of the top DT’s in the country and has a dozen suitors from which to choose.
5. Zack Bailey, OL, 6-5, 300, Summerville – Bailey is the top OL prospect, committed or non-committed. He’s a four-star and ranked No. 5 at his position nationally.
6. Rasool Clemons, DE, 6-4, 190, South Aiken – Clemons’ stock has shot up in the off-season and will continue to rise. He’s rated as a four-star and 10th at his position in national rankings.
7. Johnathan Sutton, LB, 5-11, 215, Swansea – Sutton saw his stock drop in the last set of ratings, probably because of an injury keeping him off the field at times last season combined with the rise of other players. Has a greatset of offers on the table from the Big Five conferences.
8. Ty’Son Williams, RB, 6-0, 185, Crestwood – Williams has several FBS offers, and is the most underrated player in this set. He’s going to see his stock rise this fall and could move up the SCVarsity Top Ten rapidly.
9. Denzel Johnson, S, 6-1, 185, A.C. Flora – Johnson is underrated as a high three-star; I could see him pushing toward a fourth star.
10. Freddie Phillips, S, 6-1, 195, Pelion – Phillips has impressive offers, and the big question is which side of the ball will he play at the next level; I think his bigger, more impressive suitors will want him as a safety.
Join the Discussion
The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.