Prep Talk | Your Football Friday Primer
11/02/2012 9:50 AM
11/02/2012 9:58 AM
Think a few high school football teams are a little revved up for tonight?
The Class AAA-A playoffs kick off at 7:30 p.m., and seven area teams have their shot at making postseason runs. Included in that mix is Socastee, Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Andrews, Aynor, Waccamaw and Carvers Bay. Next week, Loris - which received a first-round bye in the Class AA playoffs - will join the mix.
That's also not pointing out that Week 11 of the regular season is tonight for Conway and Carolina Forest. With a win and some help from West Florence, the Tigers can win Region VI-AAAA.
CLICK HERE to get the latest news about high school sports on the 'Prep Talk' blog.
Everything you need to know for tonight's games is right here in one place.
* We start with the much-awaited return for Myrtle Beach defensive back Chocolate Wilson. With four college offers in hand and a spot in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas already locked up, the high-profile senior will play his first game of the season this evening.
* The Seahawks' game against Manning is also our Grand Strand Game of the Week.
* Keep an eye on fellow Myrtle Beach defensive back Jack Montgomery. He's our player to watch, and for good reason.
* Here are the game capsules for the other seven games involving area teams.
* The Grand Strand Power Rankings remained relatively unchanged from last week.
* Here's a list of the area offensive leaders. Four Grand Strand players have now eclipsed the 1,000-yard rushing mark.
* Lastly, here's my take on how the eight games this week will play out in the Pigskin Pick 'Em.
Join the Discussion
The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.