Think a few high school football teams are a little revved up for tonight?
The Class AAA-A playoffs kick off at 7:30 p.m., and seven area teams have their shot at making postseason runs. Included in that mix is Socastee, Myrtle Beach, Georgetown, Andrews, Aynor, Waccamaw and Carvers Bay. Next week, Loris - which received a first-round bye in the Class AA playoffs - will join the mix.
That's also not pointing out that Week 11 of the regular season is tonight for Conway and Carolina Forest. With a win and some help from West Florence, the Tigers can win Region VI-AAAA.
CLICK HERE to get the latest news about high school sports on the 'Prep Talk' blog.
Everything you need to know for tonight's games is right here in one place.
* We start with the much-awaited return for Myrtle Beach defensive back Chocolate Wilson. With four college offers in hand and a spot in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas already locked up, the high-profile senior will play his first game of the season this evening.
* The Seahawks' game against Manning is also our Grand Strand Game of the Week.
* Keep an eye on fellow Myrtle Beach defensive back Jack Montgomery. He's our player to watch, and for good reason.
* Here are the game capsules for the other seven games involving area teams.
* The Grand Strand Power Rankings remained relatively unchanged from last week.
* Here's a list of the area offensive leaders. Four Grand Strand players have now eclipsed the 1,000-yard rushing mark.
* Lastly, here's my take on how the eight games this week will play out in the Pigskin Pick 'Em.