MYRTLE BEACH Eldreonna Hannah poured in a game-high 22 points, and Nicole Meyers had 11 as St. James outlasted Carolina Forest 50-36 on Monday to open the Lady Sand & Hoops Invitational.
Marisa Runyon led all Panthers in scoring with 12 points.
• CAROLINA FOREST (36) – Jalah Horton 2, Cheyenne Pyles 3, Christina Wright 10, Marisa Runyon 12, Ashleigh Turner 9.
• ST. JAMES (50) – Kimmie Hotzelt 3, Nicole Meyers 11, Anna Cavin 1, Kelsi Bachmann 6, Hannah Price 7, Eldreonna Hannah 22.
• 3-point goals: Carolina Forest 3 (Runyon 3); St. James 2 (Price 1, Hannah 1). Team fouls: Carolina Forest 8, St. James 19. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: Carolina Forest 0-1, St. James 1-0
High school girls basketball
• Mullins 49, Myrtle Beach 42 | At Socastee, Jaleh Lasane had a game-high 17 points, and Cassie Phillips added 12 as Mullins topped the Seahawks.
Myrtle Beach held a 28-21 lead at halftime, but the Seahawks were only able to score 14 points in the second half. Tanisha Brown had a team-high 15 points for Myrtle Beach, and Christiana Myers had 11 points.
• MULLINS (49) – Brittani McDonald 4, Brianna Brantley 6, Niesha Godfrey 4, Jaleh Lasane 17, JaQuersha Right 6, Cassie Phillips 12.
• MYRTLE BEACH (42) – Fhionna Myers 2, Kyerra Adderton 2, Nakia Black 4, Kiana Adderton 2, Tasha Chestnut 6, Christiana Myers 11, Tanisha Brown 15.
• 3-point goals: Mullins 4 (Lasane 3, Brantley 1); Myrtle Beach 2 (Chestnut 1, Brown 1). Team fouls: Mullins 12, Myrtle Beach 16. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: Mullins 1-0, Myrtle Beach 0-1.
• (At) Low Country Prep 47, Carolina Academy 39 | Rachel Exum led the Marlins with 18 points in their win over Carolina Academy.
Sydney Derrick posted a double-double with 10 points and 15 rebounds and Marguerite McClary had six steals for Low Country Prep (3-1).
•(At) Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 51, Christian Academy 24
| Mary Chandler Butler and Caroline Gore each scored in double figures for the Saints.
Butler led the team with 19 points and Gore added 17.
High school boys basketball
• (At) Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 76, Calvary Christian 57 | Kendall Henry had a game-high 25 points to go along with 17 rebounds and five steals as the Saints downed Calvary Christian.
Garrett Richards had 10 points and eight rebounds for Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach.
• CALVARY CHRISTIAN (57) – Jordan Fields 19, Bryan Fields 13, Micah Fields 7, Greg Kraft 15, Zach P. 3
• CHRISTIAN ACADEMY OF MYRTLE BEACH (76) – Bernard Jones 12, Kendall Henry 25, Max Smith 4, Austin Guyton 6, Cole Gore 5, Cody Williams 4, Garrett Richards 10, Matt Doria 7, Josh Lang 3.
• 3-point goals: Calvary 5 (J. Fields 3, B. Fields 2); CAMB 7 (Henry 4, Gore 1, Lang 1, Doria 1). Team fouls: Calvary 16, CAMB 20. Fouled out: None. Technical fouls: None.
• Records: Calvary Christian N/A, Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 4-0
CCU Women’s basketball
CONWAY Myrtle Beach product Shatia Cole scored a game-high 22 points to lead the Chanticleers in a win over Columbia College 79-54.
A.J. Jordan added 18 for Coastal.
The Green Sea Floyds recreation ages 9-10 tackle football team is one win away from hosting the Lower State tournament.
Green Sea Floyds plays Lamar at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Stables Park in Pawleys Island with a chance to host the tournament on the line.
Should it win, Green Sea Floyds (14-0-1) will host the event in early December.
MYRTLE BEACH Phil Pfeiffer of Myrtle Beach tied for sixth with a net 1-over-par 73 and Don Sheads of Murrells Inlet finished 11th in the men’s division of the second Carolinas Net Amateur Championship of the Carolinas hosted by Myrtlewood Golf Club’s PineHills course.
The 68-player tournament run by the Carolinas Golf Association was shortened to 18 holes when Sunday’s final round was canceled because of inclement weather.
Sidney Kale of Myrtle Beach tied for 10th in the senior division with a 72 and John Baldea III of Myrtle Beach tied for 19th at 75.
Stephen Shad of Rock Hill won the men’s division with a 69, Jamie Fisher of Pinehurst, N.C., won the women’s division with a 79, Jim Steed of Lake Waccamaw won the men’s senior division with a 63, and the women’s senior title was shared by Mary Chamberlin of Rock Hill and Charlotte Harvey of Raleigh, N.C., who each shot 72.
The tournament was open to any amateur at least 18 who is a member of a Carolinas Golf Association club and keeps a USGA handicap index.