GEORGETOWN The Georgetown High School baseball team used a three-run push in the bottom of the 10th inning to overcome Elizabethan High School (Tenn.) in their third annual matchup.
Seth Wall and Woody Woodall singled, followed by a Ryan Holcombe walk to load the bases. Then Nick Brown, with two outs in the final inning, hit a three-run double for the walk-off win. Woodall finished the game 2-for-4, and Brandon Cribb also went 2-for 4 for Georgetown (3-7). Brown went 2-for-3 in the game.
Cody Thompson earned the win for Georgetown, but not before Elizabethan was able to score two runs in the top of the 10th for the short-lived lead.
• Sumter 5, Carolina Forest 3 | Philip Watcher pitched a complete game, leading Sumter to a victory over Carolina Forest; Jacob Watcher went 2-for 3. The Panthers had a three-run rally in the fourth inning, but stranded the then-tying run on third.
• (At) St. James 12, North Myrtle Beach 2 (6) | Branden Pugliese drove in three runs, and Caleb Duggan had four hits and two RBIs to lead the Sharks.
Records – Visitor, home.
High school girls softball
• (At) St. James 8, Fairfax 0 | Hannah Price went 4-for-4 with two runs scored as St. James rolled over Fairfax (Va.).
• St. James 17, Newcastle 1 | Morgan Marlow went 2-for-5 with a home run, two RBIs and a three runs scored, and Hannah Price went 3-for-4 with three RBIs as St. James defeated Newcastle (Pa.).
Records – St. James 10-0.
High school boys tennis
• Socastee 7, (at) North Myrtle Beach 0 | The Braves cruised past the Chiefs.
Singles – Robert Conley (S) d. Kevin Mooney 6-1, 6-0; Coste Duvall (S) d. Josh Andrews 6-0, 6-0; Noah Johnson (S) d. Stokes McIntyre 6-4, 6-1; Josh Davis (S) d. Will Panos 6-3, 6-1; Tommy Lazaroff (S) d. Cody Lee 6-1, 6-0.
Doubles – Duvall/Amit Patel (S) d. Mooney/Andrews 8-0; Levi Altman/Chance Mullins (S) d. Austin Bowman/Ashton Banks 8-2.
High school boys golf
Team scores – Carolina Forest 157, North Myrtle Beach 171
CAROLINA FOREST – Cole Swezey 39, Bailey Endres 39, Ben Roleson 39, Enzo Farrar 40.
NORTH MYRTLE BEACH – Vijay Misra 41, Daniel Graves 42, Matthew Leonard 44, Sean Markarian 44.
Course – Myrtle Beach National. Par: 36.
• SOCASTEE Zach Hickman and Thomas Garavito battled through strong winds to shoot 39s as Socastee boys golf won a tri-match against Aynor and Georgetown at Prestwick Country Club.
Team scores – Socastee 164, Aynor 173, Georgetown 179
SOCASTEE – Zach Hickman 39, Thomas Garavito 39, Jeb Bennett 41, Michael Dudleck 45.
AYNOR – Johnson Holliday 37, Chase Johnson 44, Spencer Cannon 45, Hampton Teller 47.
GEORGETOWN – Kevin Runion 42, Carter Weaver 43, Patrick Walsh 46, Dilon Alford 48.
Course – Prestwick CC. Par: 36.
• MYRTLE BEACH Lyle Ciardi shot 2-over 38 to earn medalist honors and lead the Sharks to a win.
Team scores – St. James 161, Myrtle Beach 167
ST. JAMES – Lyle Ciardi 38, Alan Crum 41, Ryan Crum 42, Geoffrey Guyette 40.
MYRTLE BEACH – Michael Leftis 40, Mark Karavan 41, JD Gooden 43, Josh Atkinson 43.
Course – The Dunes Club. Par: 36.
High school boys soccer
• North Myrtle Beach 1, (at) Carolina Forest 0 | Brandon Moore scored the lone goal to lift the Chiefs (4-3). Dallas Fields had five saves and Austin Bolton had an assist.
High school girls soccer
• North Myrtle Beach 2, (at) Carolina Forest 0 | Ashley Robinson scored both goals to lead the Chiefs. Katie Carr had 10 saves and Lauren McCarthy and Courtni Hyatt had assists for North Myrtle Beach.
CCU men’s golf
• WILMINGTON, N.C. Sebastian Soderberg and Andrew Dorn each tied for second individually and the Coastal Carolina men’s golf team carded rounds of 311 and 301 to place fourth in the 12-team and rain-shortened Seahawk Intercollegiate.
The event was scheduled for 54 holes, but rain Sunday did not allow for the first round to be completed. After the first round finished Monday morning the teams played an additional 18 holes for a 36-hole event.
CCU’s Ben Wheeler tied for 28th, shooting 82-75–157, Peter Valasek finished in a tie for 40th (81-78–159) and Roberto Ballesteros tied for 53rd (85-78–163).