High school roundup | Sumter tops Carolina Forest in baseball
03/28/2013 12:50 PM
03/28/2013 1:00 PM
High school baseball
• Sumter 5, (at) Carolina Forest 1 | The Gamecocks jumped out to an early lead, scoring a run in the second inning and tacking on four in the third en route to a victory over the Panthers.
• Records – Sumter N/A, Carolina Forest (5-9, 4-5 Region VI-AAAA).
• (At) Green Sea Floyds 13 , Hemingway 2 (5) | Matthew Milligan pitched complete game, throwing 10 strikeouts as the Trojans rolled past the Tigers.
Records – Green Sea Floyds: (3-6, 1-4)
High school softball
• Green Sea Floyds 10, (at) Loris 6 (8) | Natalie Floyd went 3-for-5 with a triple and three RBIs, Courtney Faulk went 3-for-5 with a double and three RBIs, and Morgan Elliot threw five strikeouts as the Trojans got the win over the Lions.
Records – Green Sea Floyds: 5-5, 3-2, Loris 1-9.
• (At) Carolina Forest 10, Sumter 0 (6) | Monica Mullis went 2-for-2 at the plate, supplying two home runs and four RBIs, and Marisa Runion went 3-for-3 with a double and a home run as the Panthers shut out the Gamecocks.
Records – Carolina Forest: 13-1
• (At) St. James 3, Virginia 2 | Hannah Price hit 2-for-2 with an RBI and a run, and Alexis Gunnell had four strikeouts as the Sharks got the win to stay perfect.
Records – St. James: 12-0
Join the Discussion
The State is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.