Morgan Marlow went 3-for-4 with three runs scored and her fourth home run of the season as St. James got past Whitmer (Ohio), 9-0.
• W–Alexis Gunnell (7-0). L–Bates. Top hitters – Whitmer: Kretz 2-4, Combs 2-4, Taylor 2-3. St. James: Morgan Marlow 3-4, 3 RBIs, 2 runs, HR, Hannah Price 3-4, run, Ali Balcourt 1-4, GS.
Never miss a local story.
Records – St. James: 13-2
• Pleasure Ridge Park (Ky.) 8, (at) Conway 1 | Brandye Huggins went 1-for-3 with a double but it wasn’t enough in the loss.
|P.R. Park (Ky.)||0||1||1||1||1||1||3||–||8||10||1|
• W–K. Rucker. L–Neci Hemingway (0-2). Top hitters – Pleasure Ridge Park: P. Murphy 3-4, 2 runs, A. Garris 2-4, run. Conway: Brandye Huggins 1-3, 2B, run.
Records – Conway: 7-7
• Manchester (Oh.) 5, (at) Conway 0 (5) | The Tigers fell short as they couldn’t get on the board. Breanna Van Deusen went 1-for-3 with a double in the loss.
• W–Jenna Williams. L–Sydny Howell (5-3).Top hitters – Machester: Brooke Horning 2-3, 2 2Bs, Courtney Roth 2-2, walk, 2 runs. Conway: Kady Edwards 1-2, Breanna Van Deusen 1-2, 2B.
Records – Conway: 7-8
• Socastee 1, (at) Musselman (WV) 0 (8) | Taylor Fitzmaurice went 2-for-3 as the Braves get the victory over Musselman (WV).
• W–Savannah Talley (3-2). Top hitters – Socastee: Taylor Fitzmaurice 2-3, Madison Lowe 1-2, 2B, Rebekah Oakley RBI.
Records – Socastee: 8-7, 4-2
• (At) Socastee 7, Scott (WV) 0 | Eighth-grade pitcher Hailey LeDuc pitched a complete game with no runs, four hits, and four strikeouts as the Braves get the win over Scott (WV).
• W–Hailey LeDuc (1-0). Top hitters – Socastee: Blake Smith 2-3, 3B, run, RBI, Sierrah McCarthy 1-3, 2 runs, RBI, Quin Gammon 1-2, 2 RBIs, Rebekah Oakley 1-1, run, RBI.
Records – Socastee: 9-7
Burke goes for eGolf title
Cam Burke of New Hamburg, Ontario hasn’t scored a win in two years on the eGolf tour, but he’s about ready to change that at the Founders Club Classic. The elusive first win could very well be available tomorrow, as rounds of 69-69—138 (6-under) have placed him one shot clear of the field with just 18 holes to play.
“The wind was pretty tough early on as it was in a different direction than yesterday,” said Burke, who was 1-over par through five holes on Day 2. “It got easier after that, but there’s no real let up in the golf course, so you just have to grind it out.”