High school baseball
• (At) Waccamaw 7, Aynor 5 | Curtis Lawing was 1-for-4 with two RBIs and a run scored as the Warriors got the win over the Blue Jackets in the Region VIII-AA Championship.
• W–Justin Colgrove (4-1). L–Matt Lewis. S–Tucker Perry (2). Top hitters – Aynor: Mike Prosser 2-4, 2 runs, John Richardson 1-3, 2B, 2 RBIs, John Flosser 2-4, 2B, 2 RBIs, 2 runs. Waccamaw: Curtis Lawing 1-4, 2 RBIs, run, JD Whitlock 1-3, RBI, run, Jordan Hoeweler 1-2, run.
Never miss a local story.
Records – Waccamaw: (16-8, 8-2 VIII-AA)
• Emmanuel Christian 6, (at) Conway Christian 3 | Alvie Herring struck out 11 batters in a losing effort, as Conway Christian came up short against Emmanuel Christian.
• W–Mike LeBlanc (3-1). L–Alvie Herring (2-1). S–Pitcher (x). Top hitters – Emmanuel: Mike LeBlanc 2-4, 2 runs, Lee Garner 2-3, 2 runs, Conway: Webb Kosin 1-3, Ryan McCormick 1-3.
Records – Conway Christian: (10-1, 7-1); Emmanuel: (6-3, 5-2)
• (At) Myrtle Beach 5, North Myrtle Beach 1 | Wilson Wicker was 2-for-3 with an RBI and two runs as the Seahawks got the win over the Chiefs.
• W–Brandon Dorsey (4-1). L–Kyle Cooper. Top hitters – North Myrtle Beach: Brandon Miller 1-3, Kyle Cooper 1-3. Myrtle Beach: Wilson Wicker 2-3, RBI, 2 runs, Lucas Ray 1-1, RBI, 3 runs, Critter Collins 2-4.
Records – Myrtle Beach: (14-6, 7-3)
• Loris 8, (at) Green Sea Floyds 2 | Tanner Chock was 2-for-4 with a double as the Lions got the win over Green Sea.
• W–Gey Caines. L–Austin Faulk. Top hitters – Loris: A. Hord 2-3, 2B, Tanner Chock 2-4, 2B, Abe Watts 2-3. Green Sea Floyds: Matt Milligan 2-3, Austin Wisnowski 1-4, HR.
Records – Green Sea Floyds: (8-9, 4-6 Region VIII-A)
High school softball
•(At) Green Sea Floyds 10, Loris 2
| Short writeup if not at the end of a story.
• W–Hope Elliot (3-4). L–A. Faircloth. Top hitters – Loris: C. Cox 1-4, B. Black 1-4, T. Kennedy 1-3, A. Faircloth 1-3. Green Sea Floyds: Natalie Floyd 3-4, 2 RBIs, Morgan Elliot 2-3, 2B, Sarah Morrow 1-2, 2B, RBI, Taylor Sadler 1-3, 2B, 2 RBIs, Paige McDaniels 1-2, 2 RBIs.
Records – Green Sea Floyds: (7-7, 4-4)
•Conway 8, West Florence 2
| Sydny Howell pitched a complete game, striking out 11 while leading Conway to victory over West Florence. The Tigers have qualified for the playoffs for the first time in five seasons.
• W–Sydny Howell. L–K. Jones. Top hitters – C: Kady Edwards 2-for-5 with a double; Anna Watson with a double; Breanna Van Dusen 2-for-4 with a double and two runs scored; WF: A. Kennedy 2-for-3 with two singles.
Records – Conway: (11-10, 4-3)
• (At) Waccamaw 12, Aynor 4 | Hallie Butler was 3-for-3 with two runs and an RBI as the Warriors got the win and finished the regular season tied with Dillon for first place in Region VIII-AA. Both squads will face off in a playoff Monday night at 6:30 p.m. at Aynor the championship.
• W–McKenzie Lugin (11-1). L–Shelby Culler. Top hitters – Aynor: Shelby Cox 2-4, 2B, 2 runs, Tamara Altman 2-3, 2B, RBI. Waccamaw: Hallie Butler 3-3, 2 runs, RBI, Melaina Moore 2-3, 2 runs, Sam Leonard 1-3, 2 RBIs, Emily Heimberger 2-4, 3 RBIs.
Records – Waccamaw: (22-3, 9-1 VIII-AA)
• (At) North Myrtle Beach 3, Georgetown 2 (9) | Taylor Hansis hit the game-winning RBI in the bottom of the ninth inning as the Chiefs got the win over the Bulldogs.
• W–Taylor Hansis. Top hitters – Georgetown: Taylor Graham 2-4, RBI, Kellie Howard2-4, HR, RBI. North Myrtle Beach: Myatt Hardwick 2B, RBI.
Records – Visitor, home.
High school girls soccer
• Myrtle Beach 3, (at) Wilson 0 | Tori Zeltner, Mary Beth Hervig, and Shakiyra Peeples scored a goal a piece to lift the Seahawks over the Tigers. Hervig and Zeltner added an assist each.
Goals – MB: Tori Zeltner, Mary Beth Hervig, Shakiyra Peeples
G oalkeepers – MB: Jessica Deforge (3). W: Isabel Davis (10).
Records – Myrtle Beach: 9-2
• (At) Aynor 6, Loris 0 | Olivia Barton got the hat trick as the Blue Jackets picked up the win.
Goals – A: Olivia Barton 3, Harley Davis, Maggie Klein, Caitlin McClellan.
G oalkeepers – A: Cheyenne Littlejohn (2).
Records – Aynor: 7-3.
CCU Women’s Track
Big South Outdoor Championships
After day one, Coastal trails Liberty by just five points in the Big South Outdoor Championships. In the long jump, Erica Peake finished first with a jump of 19 ft. 4.5”, Latesha Simpson finished 4th with a jump of 18 ft. 3.5”, and Amirah Al-Bayinnah finished 5th with a jump of 18 ft. 2”.
In the 10,000 meter run, Letitia Saayman finished 5th with a time of 37. 11.2, and in the hammer throw, Anjulia Nicholson finished 8th with a distance of 160 ft. 4.5”.