MULLINS Alex Faircloth struck out six batters and walked none in a no-hit effort as the Loris softball team defeated Mullins 14-0 in five innings Monday.
Faircloth also drove in two runs for the Lions, who had already clinched the fourth seed out of Region VIII-AA.
Records – Loris 5-8 (4-6).
• (At) Andrews 12, Lake City 2 (5) | The Yellow Jackets clinched the Region VII-AA title.
Records – Andrews 20-3 (9-1 Region VII-AA), Lake City 7-3 Region VII-AA.
• (At) Conway 7, Socastee 0 | Sydny Howell allowed two hits and struck out 15 to lead the Tigers.
Records – Conway 12-11.
High school boys golf• GEORGETOWN Zach Hickman shot 1-over 37 to earn medalist honors and lead Socastee (15-2-2) to a win in its final regular-season match.
Team scores – Socastee 163 Georgetown 164
SOCASTEE – Zach Hickman 37, Ryan Case 38, Brady Lane 43, David Dudleck 45.
GEORGETOWN – Carter Weaver 38, Evan Runion 41, Will Marlowe 42, Dylan Alford 43.
Course – Wedgefield Plantation. Par – 36.• MYRTLE BEACH Aynor’s Johnson Holliday and Spencer Cannon shot 38s to share medalist honors, but it was Myrtle Beach (5-3) coming out on top in a three-way match.
Team scores – Myrtle Beach 160, St. James 164, Aynor 167
MYRTLE BEACH – Michael Leftis 39, Mark Karavan 40, John Gooden 40, Ethan Hood 41
ST. JAMES – Lyle Ciardi 40, Mason Richardson 40, Alan Crum 42, Ryan Crum 42
AYNOR – Johnson Holilday 38, Spencer Cannon 38, Chase Johnson 45, Colin Teavy 46
Course – The Dunes Club. Par – 36.
High school baseball
• (At) Conway Christian 8, Carvers Bay 2 | Jason Vargiol allowed two unearned runs on three hits and struck out eight batters in six innings to lead Conway Christian.
Records – Conway Christian 11-1.
• St. James 6, (at) Conway 1 | Caleb Duggan and Kasey Crooks each had three hits to lead the Sharks.
High school boys tennis• (At) Carolina Forest 4, Conway 2 | The Panthers took four of five singles matches.
• Singles – Troy Swartling (CF) d. Luke Campbell 6-3, 6-0; Caleb Bellamy (CF) d. Ethan Smith 6-7, 6-3, 10-8; Liam Buckley (CF) d. Spencer Causey 6-2, 6-3; Sawyer Jordan (C) d. Ty Limpasuvan 6-4, 3-6, 11-9; Tommy Vandoros (CF) d. Marshal Harde 2-6, 6-4, 10-3.
• Doubles – Smith/James (C) d. Nye/Durocher 6-7, 6-2, 10-6.
• Records – Carolina Forest 8-4
High school boys soccer
• St. James 3, North Myrtle Beach 2 (PK) | At Socastee, Connor Sloan had two goals in regulation, Haywood Brandon had saves on two of three unsuccessful North Myrtle Beach attempts in penalty kicks, and the Sharks (11-6, 4-3) connected on their first three shots in extra play to top the Chiefs (6-8, 3-3).
Brandon finished with four saves.
Christian Buis had both North Myrtle Beach goals, and Dallas Fields made 11 saves for the Chiefs.
CCU men’s golf
• NINETY-SIX Coastal Carolina shot 1-over 289 on Tuesday to move out front in the Big South Men’s Golf Championships at The Patriot Golf Club.
The Chanticleers, who trailed Liberty by two strokes after Round 1, moved three strokes ahead of the Flames at 9-over 585.
Coastal’s Sebastian Soderberg (73) remained a stroke off the individual lead at even-par 144. Andrew Dorn (73) and Ben Wheeler (75) were tied for seventh (148), Roberto Ballesteros (68) was tied for ninth (150) and Peter Valasek (76) was tied for 21st (153).
CCU softball• Coming off a week in which she earned five victories in the circle and also hit two game-winning home runs, Kiana Quolas was named the Big South Conference Pitcher of the Week.
Quolas helped Coastal Carolina go undefeated in six games, notching a 5-0 record and 1.08 ERA to earn her fourth conference pitcher of the week honor of the season.