Preseason Top 10
1. Ty Dillon, Richard Childress Racing. This team won the Nationwide title last season with Ty’s brother, Austin. Ty has been successful on his own and should continue the tradition.
2. Brian Scott, Richard Childress Racing. Expect Ty Dillon’s teammate in the Nationwide series to be much-improved and in the thick of the title hunt.
3. Elliott Sadler, Joe Gibbs Racing. Sadler has been knocking on the door of the series championship in recent seasons. Can he finally kick it in?
4. Trevor Bayne, Roush Fenway Racing. This is a critical season for the winner of the 2011 Daytona 500. His performance will shape his future in NASCAR.
5. Regan Smith, JR Motorsports. Had a strong first season with JR Motorsports. Should continue his development despite a change in crew chief.
6. James Buescher, RAB Racing. Moving to the Nationwide series after a successful stint in Trucks, which included a title. He should make an immediate impact.
7. Brendan Gaughan, Richard Childress Racing. Changing from Trucks to Nationwide but expect him to contend for race wins along with his teammates, Dillon and Scott.
8. Chase Elliott, JR Motorsports. Talented second-generation driver is making his full-time national series debut. Expectations will be high, but his own are higher.
9. Dylan Kwasniewski, Turner Scott Motorsports. Two-time K&N Pro Series champ is on the fast track to NASCAR stardom if his performance is any indication.
10. Dakoda Armstrong, Richard Petty Motorsports. He will have his best chance to showcase his talent driving for a top-level organization this season.
What they’re sayingTy Dillon James Buescher Chase Elliott