South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier gives us five things he loves most about sports:
1. For me, football has meant that I can play and coach a sport and really don’t have to work a day of my life.
2. The thrill of competing is always the most fun part of any game that I’ve been fortunate to be a part.
3. The thrill of winning it all. I’ve been fortunate to win two high school state baseball championships (1962, 1963) and one national football championship (1996).
4. The opportunity to build and continue player-coach relationships with so many of my former players is a great part of being involved with sports.
5. The thrill of sharing victory and defeat with my wife, children and grandchildren. Victories are a whole lot more fun to share.
—Cox News Service