South Carolina football coach Steve Spurrier gives us five things he loves most about sports:
1. For me, football has meant that I can play and coach a sport and really don’t have to work a day of my life.
2. The thrill of competing is always the most fun part of any game that I’ve been fortunate to be a part.
3. The thrill of winning it all. I’ve been fortunate to win two high school state baseball championships (1962, 1963) and one national football championship (1996).
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
4. The opportunity to build and continue player-coach relationships with so many of my former players is a great part of being involved with sports.
5. The thrill of sharing victory and defeat with my wife, children and grandchildren. Victories are a whole lot more fun to share.
—Cox News Service