- A $3.5 million to $4 million venue especially for children. It would offer a small water park, interactive features and fairy houses.
- A $3.5 million to $4 million rebuilt main entrance designed to get visitors inside faster and reduce congestion, especially during big annual events
- A $10 million renovation of the popular sea lion exhibit, with a glass front for better underwater viewing and stadium seating
- A $15 million Asian park featuring, the zoo hopes, Komodo dragons, orangutans and Tasmanian devils, among other animals
- Riverbanks attracted 955,542 visitors during the fiscal year that ended June 30.
- Zoo Atlanta drew 794,400 visitors.
- The Charleston aquarium attracted 392,300 visitors.
SOURCE: Riverbanks Zoo and Garden