FIRST QUARTER STUDENT HONOR ROLLS
For the 2009-10 academic year, Neighbors will publish honor rolls quarterly for elementary, middle and high schools students in four special editions of Neighbors.
The first of those editions will publish on Friday, Nov. 27.
The deadline for schools to submit honor rolls for this edition is Friday, Nov. 13.
Here's the format:
- Students should be identified by first name and last name (in that order).
- The school list should be in Microsoft Word and submitted alphabetically, by last name.
- Please include your school's honor roll criteria.
Schools should e-mail honor rolls to email@example.com.
Questions about the format? Call (803) 771-8560.
KIDS' HOLIDAY DRAWINGS
November has arrived - and that means the holidays aren't too far behind.
December's holidays are full of great things to draw - Santa and reindeer, starry nights and snowmen, New Year's fireworks, menorahs, manger scenes, angels and more.
So we're inviting K-12 students in Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to create their own holiday cards.
We'll showcase some of our favorites in Dec. 24 Neighbors editions.
Here's what you need to know:
- Please include students' first and last names, grade and school.
- Designs should fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. They can be submitted on paper or electronically, scanned into a .jpg format.
- Send your card electronically, as a .jpg attachment, and e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or, send by traditional mail to Neighbors Holiday Cards, Attn.: Dawn Kujawa/Neighbors Editor, The State Media Co., 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201
KIDS' HOPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
Finally, we're inviting K-12 students from Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to tell us about their hopes for 2010.
An "A" in algebra?
Winning the lottery?
These writings can be anything from a sentence to a poem.
- Original writings should be 100 words or less. Longer submissions will be edited for space.
- Include student's name, grade and school.
- E-mail submissions to email@example.com, or send by mail to Neighbors New Year, Attn. Dawn Kujawa, The State, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201.