As voted on by writers from The State (Seth Emerson and Paul Strelow), The Charlotte Observer (Ron Green Jr. and Ken Tysiac) and the Raleigh News and Observer (Joseph Giglio and Edward Robinson).
Team Votes Last week
1. Florida (6) 144 1One trip to Atlanta punched . . .
2. Alabama 138 2. . . Another one on the verge.
3. Georgia Tech 130 4Paul Johnson: The ACC’s best coaching hire since Roy Williams?
4. LSU 128 3Yes Tigers, we see you there. We’re just unimpressed.
5. Virginia Tech 113 5Looking UP at Duke in the standings. Are end times near?
6. Miami 111 7Also behind Duke. Someone check the Armageddon clock.
7. Clemson 97 10Imagine if CJ Spiller had transferred to Florida a few years ago.
8. South Carolina 95 6Look on the bright side, several defensive starters aren’t hurt.
9. Auburn 88 13Gene Chizik and Gus Malzahn are geniuses again . . . for another week.
10. Tennessee 86 T11SEC office should reprimand Lane Kiffin for those Halloween uniforms.
11. Boston College 83 T11ACC office and TV suits salivating over a possible BC-Georgia Tech title game.
12. Ole Miss 81 T8Send out an APB for Jevan Snead’s Heisman campaign, NFL draft stock, passing ability . . .
13. Georgia 78 T8The verdict is in: Joe Cox is more Joe Tereshinski than D.J. Shockley.
14. Arkansas 64 14Ryan Mallett would be draft-eligible after the season. Just saying.
15. Florida State 62 17Poor Mickey Andrews looks even more unhappy than usual. And that’s saying something.
16. Duke 56 19How many fans would Duke have to rent for a bowl trip?
17. Kentucky 48 15Football? John Wall looked GREAT in the Blue-White scrimmage!
T18. UNC 45 20You’re up, you’re down, you’re worse than that Katy Perry song.
T18. Mississippi State 45 18Positive signs in Dan Mullen’s first year - but probably no bowl.
20. Wake Forest 42 16Riley Skinner’s playing career, after 27 years at Wake, nearly over.
21. Virginia 27 21Just when you thought Al Groh might save his job yet again.
22. Maryland 19 22Only four more wins for bowl eligibility!
23. N.C. State 12 23Ditto!
24. Vanderbilt 8 24Eh, their bowl was last year. See you in 26 years.
- Seth Emerson