KIDS' HOLIDAY DRAWINGS
Deadline: TodayDecember's holidays are full of great things to draw - Santa and reindeer, starry nights and snowmen, New Year's fireworks, menorahs, manger scenes, angels and more.
So we're inviting K-12 students in Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to create their own holiday scenes.
We'll showcase some of our favorites in Dec. 24 Neighbors editions.
Deadline for submissions is today.
Here's what you need to know:
- Please include students' first and last names, grade and school.
- Designs should fit on an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper. They may be submitted on paper or electronically, scanned into a .jpg format.
- Send your drawing electronically, as a .jpg attachment, and e-mail to email@example.com; or, send by traditional mail to Neighbors Holiday Cards, Attn.: Dawn Kujawa/Neighbors Editor, The State Media Co., 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201
KIDS' HOPES FOR THE NEW YEAR
Deadline: Thursday, Dec. 17
We're also inviting K-12 students from Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties to tell us about their hopes for 2010.
An "A" in algebra?
Winning the lottery?
These writings can be anything from a sentence to a poem.
We'll highlight some of our favorites in Dec. 31 Neighbors editions.
Deadline for submissions is Thursday, Dec. 17.
- Original writings should be 100 words or less. Longer submissions will be edited for space.
- Include student's name, grade and school.
- E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send by mail to Neighbors New Year, Attn. Dawn Kujawa, The State, 1401 Shop Road, Columbia, SC 29201.
TELL US ABOUT GREAT HOLIDAY LIGHTS
In coming weeks, the Midlands will be shining brightly as residents adorn their homes with holiday lights.
Tell us about your favorites in Richland, Lexington and Kershaw counties - the kind you don't mind driving to see. We'll run a list in our weekly Neighbors editions Dec. 17 and online at thestate.com
Include the address of the display, a little information about it, a nearby cross street and the name of the neighborhood or subdivision. Also include your name and a contact phone number.
Send e-mail to email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Friday.