Annual budget: $1.3 million
- $275,000 a year from Richland County
- $452,000 a year from the city of Columbia
- Remainder comes from grants, donations, memberships and earned income.
- Budget does not include annual capital improvements/repair budget.
Robert Mills House (1823) - 1616 Blanding St.; National Historic Landmark
* Hampton-Preston Mansion (1818) - 1615 Blanding St.
Mann-Simons Cottage (circa 1825) - 1403 Richland St.
** Woodrow Wilson Family Home (circa 1872) - 1705 Hampton St.
*** Modjeska Monteith Simkins House (circa 1890) - 2025 Marion St.
Two other properties are owned by the Historic Columbia Foundation itself. They are:
Seibels House and Garden (circa 1796) - 1601 Richland St.
The Big Apple (1906) - 1000 Hampton St.
* Partial assessment reveals needs of about $800,000, half being addressed now.
** 2009 assessment reveals $3.4 million in repairs needed; first phase complete; $1.5 million needed for phase two.
*** 2008 assessment reveals $504,000 in repairs; federal earmark of $150,000 and $100,000 corporate donation received to restore outbuilding.
SOURCES: www.historiccolumbia.org; Robin Waites, director, Historic Columbia Foundation