Are you in the Christmas spirit? The Myrtle Beach area certainly is.
With Christmas shows, tree lightings, fireworks and parades, there are plenty events along the Grand Strand leading up to Christmas. If you’re interested in a swashbuckling Christmas voyage with Captain Scrooge or carriage rides through The Market Common, you’re in luck.
Tree lighting events, fireworks, parades
- Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach — The Lighting of the Landing is 6 p.m. Nov. 17 at the Dockside Village. A pre-show with kid’s activities will be at 4 p.m. and fireworks will follow the tree lighting at 7 p.m.
- The Market Common — The annual tree lighting is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 17 in front of the Grand 14. Folks can enjoy complimentary carriage rides from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., as well as a balloon artist, carnival games and inflatables. Santa will also make an appearance. The Lighting of the Menorah is 5:15 p.m. Dec. 2 through Dec. 9 at Valor Park.
- Brookgreen Gardens — Acres of land will be lit with thousands of lights during December for Nights of a Thousand Candles. Here’s how to purchase tickets.
- Broadway at the Beach — A Very Broadway Christmas festivities will begin 11 a.m. Dec. 1 starting with a parade. Entertainment and kids’ activities are from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. A tree lighting is at 6 p.m. followed by fireworks at 8 p.m.
- City of Conway — The tree lighting celebration is 6 p.m. Dec. 5 at 3rd Avenue in downtown Conway.
- Surfside Beach — Music, refreshments and a visit from Santa will all be part of the annual lighting from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 29 at Town Hall.
- The Great Christmas Light Show in North Myrtle Beach — The drive-thru light show is open nightly from Nov. 23 to Dec. 30.
- Christmas at Pirates Voyage — The show, retelling a Christmas classic with a swashbuckling spin, will last through Jan. 5.
- The South’s Grandest Christmas show at the Alabama Theatre — A comedian as well as Christmas classics and contemporary holiday music will be featured in this year’s show lasting through December.
- Hot Jersey Nights Christmas Special at The Asher Theatre — Performing through Dec. 22, the show is a celebration of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
- The Carolina Opry Christmas Special — More than 35 musicians will perform at this year’s show. Here are the details.
- Christmas in Dixie — Redneck Style at the GTS Threatre — Hear fun and traditional Christmas songs at this show for all ages. The Grinch will make an appearance.
Where to meet Santa
- See and visit with Santa soon at Santa’s Workshop at the Coastal Grand Mall from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sundays through Christmas.
- The countdown to Santa’s arrival is on at Myrtle Beach Mall. Tell Santa what’s on your Christmas list starting Nov. 21.
- The Santa’s Wonderland Kickoff is 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at Bass Pro Shops, 10177 North Kings Hwy.
Hannah Strong: 843-444-1765, @HannahLStrong