For serious holiday shopping procrastinators, drugstores and convenience stores are offering last-minute deals. Even better for the desperate, many of them will still be open at, say, 3 a.m. Dec. 25.
- Most Walgreens locations will be open until midnight Christmas Eve. Nearly 1,600 24-hour locations will be open all night. On Christmas Day, non-24-hour locations will be open 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
The drugstore has tech gifts like a Kodak Digital Camera for $69.99 and Disney products, remote-controlled toys and games. And batteries. Don't forget the batteries.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- At CVS, 1,250 stores will be open 24 hours and the rest will have extended hours, open until midnight on Christmas Eve. In addition more than 5,400 stores will be open Christmas Day.
CVS is offering electronics on sale, including a Prism 7-inch high-definition LCD TV for $79.99 and a Craig mp3 player for $29.99. The drugstore chain is also offering perfume from Mariah Carey, Halle Berry and others for $19.99 and spa sets starting at $14.99.
For those who don't want to brave the stores, there's still time to order gift cards online and send them electronically, though even those have a cutoff.
- Victoria's Secret says you can order a gift certificate online by 3 p.m. on Christmas Day, and it will be delivered via e-mail that day.
- At Macys.com, you can order and send its e-gift cards until 1 p.m. Dec. 24.
For those who want to put off shopping even longer, J.C. Penney and Wal-Mart Stores have already announced post-Christmas deals.
- J.C. Penney will open at 5 a.m. Saturday, the earliest it has ever opened that day. More than 100 items will be on sale until 1 p.m. And the company will offer coupons such as $10 off a $50 purchase or $15 off a $75 purchase, good for use both online and in store between Saturday and Monday.
- Walmart will offer deals each day from Saturday to New Year's Day. It will give out a $50 Walmart gift card with an Xbox 360 purchase, offer an eMachine netbook for $228 and offer some home holiday items and toys at up to 50 percent off. It will also extend previously announced holiday deals including some Blu-ray movies for less than $20.