Local

Sprinkler stops fire in Lexington County

A single sprinkler head in the kitchen quickly extinguished a fire Saturday at an apartment complex.

The fire was out by the time the Lexington County Fire Service responded to the incident at 123 Brevard Parkway.

Fire service officials said the sprinkler prevented the $2,500 water and heat damage from being more significant. No one was injured.

With this incident and the approaching cold weather months ahead, Lexington County Fire Service would like to remind all residents to check the batteries in their smoke detectors and to keep combustible items away from heating appliances.

  Comments