Local

The Southeast's holiday travel forecast

Thousands will be heading elsewhere for the holiday. Here's the Christmas travel forecast for Thursday and Friday:

MIDLANDS: Highs in lower 50s, lows in lower 40s with 40 percent chance of rain Thursday; highs in mid-50s on Christmas, chance of rain 60 percent

ATLANTA: Highs in lower 50s, lows in the lower 40s with 60 percent chance of rain Thursday; highs in upper 40s on Christmas, chance of rain 30 percent

CHARLOTTE: Highs in upper 40s, lows in upper 30s with 40 percent chance of rain Thursday; highs in upper 40s on Christmas, chance of rain 70 percent

CHARLESTON: Highs in upper 50s, lows around 50, with 40 percent chance of rain Thursday; highs near 60 on Christmas, chance of rain 40 percent

GRAND STRAND: Highs in mid-50s, lows in upper 40s, with 20 percent chance of rain Thursday; highs near 60 on Christmas, chance of rain 60 percent

N.C. MOUNTAINS: Highs in upper 30s, lows in mid-30s with 50 percent chance of rain or freezing rain Thursday; highs in mid-40s on Christmas, chance of rain 50 percent

SOUTHERN SKI RESORTS: Most got a foot or more of snow last week and have had temperatures cold enough to make snow for several days. Rain late this week should have little impact on the base of snow on the slopes. And the forecast calls for more snow in the mountains Saturday.

- Joey Holleman

  Comments