Richland County deputies are looking for the person who has been shooting at cars with a pellet gun.
Officers received multiple calls of shootings on December 12 in the Longtown Road area, Sheriff Leon Lott said. No one was injured in the shootings, but several vehicles, including a Richland County deputy's car, were damaged.
These are the individual incidents as provided by the Richland County Sheriff’s Department:
• Longtown Road and Holly Ridge Lane – the victim was driving down the road when approached by the suspect’s vehicle in the opposite lane. The suspect began flashing their headlights and fired a shot from a pellet gun upon passing the victim. The suspect caused $100 in damage.
• Longtown Road and Holly Ridge Lane – The victim was driving down the road when the suspect shot at and broke the passenger side window. Damage to the vehicle is estimated at $1,000.
• 700 block of Longtown Road – The suspect fired several shots from a pellet gun causing damage to the victim’s vehicle. Estimated damage is $1,000.
• 700 block of Longtown Road – The suspect fired multiple shots at the victim’s vehicle as it was driving down the road. The vehicle’s windshield and passenger door were hit, and the estimated damage is $300.
• 114 Holly Ridge Lane – The victim told police the suspect fired multiple shots at the residence; the Lott said the estimated damage to the residence was $500.
• Longtown Road and Holly Ridge Lane – the victim was driving down the road when his vehicle was hit multiple times by a pellet gun, which caused approximately $500 in damage.
• Longtown Road and Holly Ridge Lane – the victim saw the suspect jump from the wood line and fired a shot at her. The pellet struck the rear passenger door and caused $100 in damage.
• Longtown Road just before Big Game Loop – A Richland County deputy responding to the incident was searching the area when his patrol car was struck by a pellet gun. The pellet struck the roof of the vehicle and bounced off breaking the light bar on the patrol car.
Lott said the suspect reportedly wears a mask and all black clothing.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.