A second woman has died after house fire Friday morning in northern Richland County.
The Richland County coroner’s office reported that 53-year-old Lorrie Darby died Saturday from complications from carbon monoxide and thermal burns.
Katherine Wilson, 65, also died in the fire at 125 Bisbane Road.
The fire occurred about 7:30 a.m. and destroyed the house, causing about $60,000 in damage, fire officials said.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The Richland County fire marshal’s office said the fire stemmed from a multiplug outlet strip in the master bedroom. Fire officials say they found evidence of multiple devices and extension cords plugged into the strip.