A second suspect in connection to last week's drive-by shooting in Hopkins that left five people wounded has turned himself in, authorities reported Friday.
Friday afternoon, the Richland County Sheriff's Department issued an alert for 19-year-old Johnathan Mitchell Jordan for "discharging a firearm into a vehicle while occupied," A short time later, a statement from Sheriff Leon Lott announced Jordan had turned himself in at the Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center around 6 p.m.
Eighteen-year-old Lurenza Denzel Jones was arrested and charged with five counts of attempted murder on Thursday, November 4, the day after the shooting in the Quail Hills neighborhood off Lower Richland Blvd.
The day of the shooting witnesses told police that at least three men drove up in a white Buick and that two of the men began firing weapons. The victims who were the targets shot back, the witness told deputies. According Sheriff's Department reports on the shooting, at least 15 bullets were fired.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State