Columbia Police believe the same person (or persons) is responsible for incidents of vandalism Tuesday night that have done an estimated $48,500 in damage to downtown properties and vehicles.
The damage has ranged from the $500 in damage to a Comet bus window at 2000 Harden Street to the $40,000 in damage done to windows at Colliers International located at 1301 Gervais Street, the police said in a news release on Wednesday.
“Victims reported hearing a loud crashing sound and then window glass breaking,” the police said.
Investigators are looking for a white older-model pickup truck with a tool box attached to the truck bed, and a dark marking on the passenger’s side.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State
The following property addresses were hit within minutes of each other between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. Tuesday August 22:
- 822 Gervais Street (Hampton Inn) - window damage: $3,000
- 2000 Harden Street - Comet bus window damage: $500
- 1301 Gervais Street (Colliers International)– window damage: $40,000
- 300 Blossom Street – vehicle windshield: $500
- 1200 Main Street - (ABC Columbia) window panel: $2,000
- 1201 Main Street – (Capitol Center) glass door: $2,500
If you have information about these incidents, you are asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC