Amid the usual packed schedule, today’s schedule at the SC State House includes the first appearance of new Gov. Henry McMaster in an official role.
The governor will chair a meeting of the S.C. Fiscal Accountability Authority board this morning, McMaster’s first action since he was sworn in as governor last week.
This won’t be the first time McMaster has filled the governor’s role chairing a state board. In December, while he was still lieutenant governor but after former Gov. Nikki Haley had been nominated to be ambassador to the UN, McMaster received a briefing from the commanders of the state’s military bases, a job normally reserved for the governor.
Other meetings at the State House today
▪ 9 a.m. Leadership Greenville, Blatt Room 110
▪ 9 a.m. House Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Subcommittee of the Legislative Oversight Committee, Blatt Room 108
▪ 9:30 a.m. Joint Citizens and Legislative Committee on Children, Gressette Room 207
▪ 10 a.m. SC Legislative Black Caucus, Blatt Room 427
▪ 10 a.m. House Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Schools Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 521
▪ 10 a.m. S.C. Legislative Black Caucus, Blatt Room 427
▪ 10:30 a.m. House Education and Public Works Motor Vehicles Subcommittee on H.3358, Blatt Room 433
▪ 11 a.m. Senate Finance Committee, Gressette Room 308
▪ 11 a.m. House Minority Caucus, Blatt Room 305
▪ 11:30 a.m. Judiciary Subcommittee on S.107, Gressette Room 105
▪ (Upon adjournment of the House) Minority Caucus, Blatt Room 112
▪ (Upon adjournment of the House) Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Schools Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 521
▪ (1 hour after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Legislative, Executive and Local Government Subcommittee, Blatt Room 305
▪ (1½ hours after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Transportation and Regulatory Subcommittee, Blatt Room 318
▪ (1 hour after adjournment) Ways and Means Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Subcommittee, Blatt Room 321
▪ 2:30 p.m. (or 1½ hours upon adjournment of the House, whichever is later) Judiciary Committee, Blatt Room 516
▪ 3 p.m. (or upon adjournment of the Senate) Medical Affairs Committee, Gressette Room 308
▪ 3 p.m. (or upon adjournment of the House, whichever is later) Ad Hoc Committee on Competency Based Education and Education Reform, Blatt Room 433
▪ 3 p.m. (or 1½ hours after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Healthcare Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 108
▪ 4 p.m. Jasper County Legislative Delegation, Blatt Room 201