Date of birth, including year:
Number of years living in the district you seek to represent:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Family (name of spouse, number and ages of children if at home, number of grown children):
Husband Curtis, children Miles (7) and Ellison (5).
Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a bachelor of arts in Business Administration from The Citadel and holds a Master’s in Mass Communication from the University of Georgia
Owner of The Mace Group
Employment, military and volunteer history:
· Technology Consultant, Accenture
· Graduate Assistant, University of Georgia
· Consultant, Freebairn & Co
· Consultant, Arketi Group
· Owner, The Mace Group
· President, The Citadel Alumni Club of Greater Atlanta
· Volunteer and board member, Childspring International
· Board member, The Citadel School of Business Advisory Board
· National Board of Directors member, Medal of Honor Bowl Game
Please list all public offices to which you’ve been elected, when and where: NA
Please list year and office of any unsuccessful runs for public office: NA
Other political and government experience: NA
Key endorsements you’ve received:
· National Association for Gun Rights
· Tea Party Leadership Fund
1. What makes you the most qualified person to hold this position? (Be specific.)
I’m not a politician. I have a degree in Business from The Citadel and a master’s degree from the University of Georgia. My background in business and technology as well as the experience of running my own company makes me best qualified for this office. While some people look for “experienced” politicians, I believe we need the opposite. Far too often, politicians are part of the problem and not the solution. We need new, conservative leadership from people willing to fight for our nation’s future, not more career politicians playing the same go alone to get along games.
2. What will be your top three priorities if you are elected? (100 words for each issue)
1. Protecting Americans’ Constitutional Rights: Too many career politicians in DC are more concerned with playing political games than they are about upholding the Constitution and protecting Americans. Sen. Graham has been an advocate for a program that allows the NSA to spy on innocent Americans. I am adamantly opposed to that program and will do everything in my power to ensure that Americans’ phone, e-mail, and text records are not collected by the government.
2. Term Limits: Our government is sorely lacking in the way of accountability, which often breeds corruption. It’s no wonder most of us don’t trust the government. I will work to bring greater accountability to our federal government, and I have pledged to serve no more than two terms in the U.S. Senate. I am ready to go to Washington and do the job necessary to get our country back on track for the sake of my children’s future and the sake of our nation’s future. I won’t stay a lifetime getting the job done.
3. Grow the Economy: One doesn’t have to look far to see the impact the federal government’s out of control spending and inability to put a commonsense budget in place has on jobs and our economy. Our nation has a huge problem, and rather than deal with this problem, we have an establishment in DC that habitually kicks the can down the road. We need conservative fiscal policies of lowering taxes, real spending cuts, regulatory cuts and a government that gets out of the way and allows the free market to work.
3a. For non-incumbents: How would your approach to your job differ from the incumbent’s?
My intention is to serve two terms and return home to my family knowing that I did everything in my power to fight for the future generations of our country. Far too often Sen. Graham has sided with the Obama administration and Democrats on issues that have a devastating impact on Americans’ livelihoods. I would not vote for $600 billion in tax increases, liberal Supreme Court justices, to bailout big banks, for amnesty, nor would I support arming rebel elements in Syria including radical jihadists or the NSA spying on Americans. In short, I will be a conservative leader for The Palmetto State.
4. Describe at least one significant political position you hold that would clash with your political base.
5. Have you ever been convicted of a crime, been disciplined by a professional licensing board or organization or had an ethics complaint filed against you? If so, please give the details.
6. Have you ever filed for bankruptcy or been delinquent on your federal, state or local taxes? If so, please give the details.
7. Are there any personal details about you that voters would be interested in knowing?
I grew up in a military family, crisscrossing the country often from one military installation to the next. I am blessed to be part of a family that has served our country generously. Those experiences inspired me to follow in my father’s footsteps and graduate from The Citadel. Every decision I will make related to our national defense, national security, and foreign policy will be personal.