State law enforcement officials investigated as possible threats six emails sent to S.C. Gov. Nikki Haley last year during the tumultuous weeks between the Charleston massacre and the removal of the Confederate flag from S.C. State House grounds.
The State Law Enforcement Division has made no arrests related to the emails, spokesman Thom Berry said Friday.
Berry said it would be inappropriate for SLED to release details about the emails, as the investigations remain open “should any new information be developed.”
The Republican governor’s office this week released more than 10,000 pages of emails and letters sent to her concerning the Confederate flag’s eventual removal from the State House campus.
The emails spanned from June 18, the day after nine black parishioners were shot and killed in a Charleston church, to July 13, three days after the Confederate flag was furled.