Former Richland County Council member Gwen Kennedy is faces Michael Leon Greene in the Nov. 8 election in District 7. The State’s editorial board sent questionnaires to both candidates. Ms. Kennedy did not return her questionnaire.
Please limit your response to each of the following questions to about 100 words.
1. What makes you the most qualified person to hold this position? (Be specific.)
2. What will be your top three priorities if you are elected? (100 words for each issue)
3a. For non-incumbents: How would your approach to your job differ from the incumbent’s?
3b. For incumbents: What do you consider your most significant accomplishments in this office?
4. Describe at least one significant political position you hold that would clash with your political base.
5. Have you ever been convicted of a crime, been disciplined by a professional licensing board or organization or had an ethics complaint filed against you? If so, please give the details.
6. Have you ever filed for bankruptcy or been delinquent on your federal, state or local taxes? If so, please give the details.
7. Are there any personal details about you that voters would be interested in knowing?
Number of years living in the district you seek to represent:
Family (name of spouse, number and ages of children if at home, number of grown children):
Employment, military and volunteer history:
Please list all public offices to which you’ve been elected, when and where:
Please list year and office of any unsuccessful runs for public office:
Other political and government experience:
Key endorsements you’ve received: