Alaina Coates was named SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday.
* Tied for team-high scoring honors for the week and was the top rebounder of two games.
* Scored a career-high 24 points in a win over Vanderbilt, hitting 11 field goals to tie for the second-most by a freshman in school history.
* Netted eight of her 24 points in the last six minutes of the first half to help the Gamecocks post an 11-point lead at the break.
* With eight blocks in two games last week, Coates already ranks fourth in program history for blocks in a season by a freshman (31), just 11 shy of the freshman record.
* Tied the USC freshman single-game record with five blocks at Arkansas.
* Opened her SEC career with a double-double at Arkansas, posting seven points and seven rebounds in the second half alone to help the Gamecocks hold off the charging Razorbacks.
* Is the first USCfreshman ever to open SEC play with back-to-back double-doubles, just the second freshman in school history to post a double-double in her SEC debut (Shaunzinski Gortman, 1998-99).
Follow on Twitter at @DCTheState