South Carolina released the superlatives from its summer strength and conditioning program to GoGamecocks this week. While no numbers were released, the following names give you an idea of who was pacing which drills all summer long.
• Top two 40-yard dash: WR Damiere Byrd, WR Kane Whitehurst
• Top three in pro shuttle run: WR Shamier Jeffery, WR Bruce Ellington and QB Brendan Nosovitch
• Top five vertical jumps: WR Carlton Heard, CB Jimmy Legree, WR David Wilkins, WR Damiere Byrd and DE Jadeveon Clowney.
• Top five broad jumps: WR David Wilkins, DE Darius English, WR Damiere Byrd, WR Carlton Heard and RB Brandon Wilds
• Top five in power clean: OL A.J. Cann, DE Jadeveon Clowney, DE Chaz Sutton, DT Gerald Dixon Jr. and Spur Kyle Fleetwood
• Top five in squat: OL Ronald Patrick, DT Phillip Dukes, OL A.J. Cann, OL Corey Robinson and RB Mike Davis
• Top five bench presses: DT Kelcy Quarles, DT Gerald Dixon Jr., DT J.T. Surratt, Jordan FB Diaz and FB Garrison Gist
• Top five in the pound for pound strongest category (using a body weight coefficient): DT Phillip Dukes, Spur Sharrod Golightly, DE Chaz Sutton, FB Jordan Diaz and OL A.J. Cann
-- By Josh Kendall