The Gamecocks landed a commitment Wednesday night from prized Georgia defensive back Brendan Langley.
Langley (6-1, 180) of Marietta, Ga., issued a statement regarding his pledge to the Gamecocks.
"After a lot of thought and prayer, I'm more than proud to accept a scholarship offer from the University of South Carolina," Langley wrote. "I'm about to fulfill 80 percent of my dreams. NFL being the other 20%."
Among Langley's other offers were Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, Nebraska and UCLA. The Gamecocks actually came from behind for Langley, who listed Alabama, Tennessee and USC, in that order, as his favorites earlier in the summer.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
"The SEC is the best conference in college football," he said. "South Carolina is a beautiful state. The university is an SEC monster as well as a national contender and I can't wait to help them reach another SEC title and even a national title. I can't wait to play for a coach with such experience and control as coach Spurrier."
Last season Langley had six interceptions and five deflections to go along with 60 tackles. He also scored eight touchdowns on offense, three on special teams and two on defense.
Langley is USC's 21st commitment for the 2013 class and the fourth for the secondary.
A consensus four-star prospect, Scout.com rates him the 11th best cornerback in the country. 247Sports ranks him the 15th best player in Georgia.
"The recruiting process has had its ups and downs," he said. "I’ve met many of college football’s finest players and coaches and I’d like to thank them all for showing they were interested throughout this whole ordeal. This was a very humbling experience. I wish all the programs that dealt with me, nothing but the best in the future."