T.J. Moss, a 6-foot-4 combo guard from Memphis who attends Findlay Prep in Las Vegas and remains unsigned for the 2018 class is getting South Carolina interest.
His team played in Columbia in December at the Chick-Fil-A Classic and USC got a good look at him then.
“I talked to Chuck Martin face to face and he said he would give me a call later on, and he did, and he told me Frank (Martin) was very interested in TJ and they wanted to offer him a scholarship to South Carolina and what we thought of that,” Moss’s father Terrence said. “I told him I thought it would be a great opportunity because it’s a program that carries its own weight in the SEC and across the country. I would like to try to set up a visit. That’s where we are.”
Moss said in looking closer at USC’s program under Martin, there’s a lot there he likes and he feels his son would as well.
“Great coaching staff,” he said. “I love Frank and his style. I think he helps develop kids not only into young men but into professionals as well. I think Columbia is a great city to be in. I really do like South Carolina a lot and they will definitely be a top choice of ours. He trusts my judgement on what’s good for him.”
Moss said the Gamecocks went out to Las Vegas to see his son earlier in the season. Moss said because of their schedules, he didn’t think the two sides could get together on an official visit until sometime in March. Memphis also is involved and Minnesota also has been in touch.
Moss said TJ, though a combo guard, is playing point guard for Findlay this season.
▪ Per GamecockCentral, South Carolina offensive line target Dylan Wonnum will take an official visit to Tennessee this weekend. He was at Auburn last weekend and is scheduled for USC on Jan 26.
▪ USC offered Virginia Beach defensive back Tayvion Land.
▪ South Carolina offered 2020 Naples, Fla. tight end Dominic Mammarelli.
▪ USC offered 2020 defensive back Joshua Moten from Fort Washington, Md.
▪ Trey McGowens, a 2019 6-foot-3 Hargrave Prep (Va.) player, was offered by Rhode Island. He's also a USC and Clemson target.