A Lexington County man was recently arrested on multiple child pornography charges.
Albert Lee Spivey, 27, of Gaston is facing five charges connected to the exploitation of a minor:
- Sexual exploitation of a minor, first degree
- Criminal solicitation of a minor
- Two counts of disseminating obscene material to a person under age 18
Spivey was arrested Feb. 23, by Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force investigators and Lexington County Sheriff’s Office deputies, according to South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson. Investigators received a CyberTipline report from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which led them to Spivey.
According to Wilson, Spivey allegedly:
- Encouraged a minor to produce and send sexually explicit images via social media
- Solicited a sexual encounter with a minor
- Sent sexually explicit images of himself to a minor
If Spivey is convicted on all five counts, he could be sentenced to 50 years in prison.
Spivey was taken to the Lexington County Detention Center. He was granted $50,000 bond.
The case will be prosecuted by the Attorney General’s Office.