In another busy day of meetings at the S.C. State House, House budget writers will be considering how much money to spend on Clemson University.
Clemson’s 2018 budget will be up for discussion in the House Ways and Means Committee’s subcommittee on higher education and technical schools budgets, but only an earlier budget discussion has a set meeting time.
The subcommittee meets at 10 a.m. to discuss budget requests from Coastal Carolina. Clemson’s budget won’t come up until a later meeting “upon adjournement of the House.”
Clemson has requested nearly $103 million from the state, out of $1.1 billion worth of requests from all state colleges and universities. Legislators expect to have an added $446 million to spend statewide.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ 10 a.m. S.C. Legislative Black Caucus, Blatt Room 427
▪ 10 a.m. House Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Schools Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 511
▪ 10 a.m. House Ways and Means Legislative, Executive and Local Government Subcommittee, Blatt Room 321
▪ 10 a.m. United Way of the Piedmont, Blatt Room 403
▪ 11 a.m. Senate Judiciary Committee, Gressette Room 105
▪ 11 a.m. House Minority Caucus, Blatt Room 305
▪ 11 a.m. House Majority Caucus, Blatt Room 112
▪ 11:30 a.m. Senate Finance Sales and Income Taxation Subcommittee on S.46, Gressette Room 308
▪ 11:30 a.m. Senate Finance Property Taxation Subcommittee on S.75, Gressette Room 207
▪ (Immediately upon adjournment of the House) Motor Vehicle Subcommittee on H.3358, Blatt Room 433
▪ (Upon adjournment of the House) Minority Caucus, Blatt Room 305
▪ (Upon adjournment of the House) Majority Caucus, Blatt Room 112
▪ (Upon adjournment of the House) Ways and Means Higher Education and Technical Schools Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 511
▪ (30 minutes after the House adjourns) Agriculture Subcommittee, Blatt Room 410
▪ (1 hour after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Subcommittee, Blatt Room 317
▪ (1½ hours after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Transportation and Regulatory Subcommittee, Blatt Room 318
▪ (1½ hours after the House adjourns or upon the Call of the Chair) Ways and Means Public Education and Special Schools Subcommittee, Blatt Room 521
▪ (1½ hours after the House adjourns) Ways and Means Legislative, Executive and Local Government Subcommittee, Blatt Room 321
▪ 2:30 p.m. or 1 1/2 hours upon adjournment of the House, whichever is later, Judiciary Committee, Blatt Room 516
▪ 3 p.m. Healthcare Subcommittee of the Legislative Oversight Committee, Blatt Room 110
▪ 3 p.m. or 1 1/2 hours after the House adjourns Ways and Means Healthcare Budget Subcommittee, Blatt Room 108
▪ 3:30 p.m. House Education and Public Works Transportation Subcommittee on H.3247, Blatt Room 433