Midlands-area McDonald’s restaurants will be included in a $109-million investment in renovations the fast-food franchise is making throughout South Carolina, the company announced Tuesday.
McDonald’s and its franchisees will invest in the construction and modernization of 190 McDonald’s restaurants in South Carolina in 2018 and 2019.
In total, McDonald’s and franchisees are investing $6 billion to modernize most U.S. restaurants by 2020, including most restaurants in South Carolina.
The renovated restaurants will feature:
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The State
- Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and new exterior designs.
- Digital self-order kiosks where customers can order and pay for a meal.
- Remodeled counters that allow for new table service where guests can relax while their food is being made.
- Digital menu boards inside and at the drive-thru.
- New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay.
- Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases.
In addition to modernizing the restaurants, McDonald’s has introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 U.S. restaurants.