Local

Chapin restaurant evacuated after carbon dioxide leak

A carbon dioxide leak in a drink machine forced the evacuation of a Chapin Hardee’s Tuesday morning.
A carbon dioxide leak in a drink machine forced the evacuation of a Chapin Hardee’s Tuesday morning. County of Lexington/Harrison Cahill

A carbon dioxide leak in a drink machine forced the evacuation of a Chapin restaurant Tuesday morning.

Lexington County Fire Service and hazmat crews responded to the Hardee’s on the 1400 block of Chapin Road in Chapin for what turned out to be a carbon dioxide leak in the drink machine, according to county spokesman Harrison Cahill.

Low oxygen levels in the restaurant resulted from the leak, and the business has been evacuated and closed while crews ventilate and wait for repair personnel, Cahill said. No injuries have been reported.

Check back for updates on this developing story.

  Comments